Grilled Steak and Green Veggie Power Bowl
Topped with a tangy fresh herb pesto, this grilled steak salad power bowl is low-carb, so it’s perfect for keto, Paleo and whole30 diets.
Grilled Steak and Veggies:
4 Verde Grass-Fed Beef Strip Steaks, at room temperature
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp salt, divided
1 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
2 zucchinis, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 bunch asparagus, woody stems trimmed
1 bunch scallions
1/4 cup raw almonds
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg (5 oz) baby arugula
1 avocado, peeled, halved, pit removed and sliced
1 jar (12 oz) water-packed whole artichoke hearts, drained well and halved
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Grilled Steak and Veggies: In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and chili flakes. Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Rub steaks with half the oil mixture and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss zucchini, asparagus and scallions with remaining oil mixture, remaining salt and remaining pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill steaks, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare or cook to preferred doneness. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, grill zucchini, asparagus and scallions, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly charred and tender.
- Herb Pesto: In small food processor, pulse almonds and garlic until finely ground. Add parsley, basil, mint and oil; pulse until smooth. Stir in cheese, lemon juice and salt.
- Assembly: Divide arugula among 4 to 6 shallow bowls. Top with sliced steak, grilled veggies, avocado, artichokes and tomatoes. Drizzle herb pesto over top. Serve with lemon wedges.
To check the steak’s doneness, insert instant-read thermometer sideways into center of steak until it registers 120°F to 130°F for rare, 130°F to 135°F for medium-rare, 135°F to 145°F for medium, 145°F to 155°F for medium-well, and 155°F and up for well done.
Bringing steaks to room temperature will ensure they cook evenly.
Use good-quality sea salt or kosher salt for the best pesto flavor.