Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Beef
This Mexican-style shredded beef is great in bowls with cauliflower rice and toppings, or to fill tacos or quesadillas.
-1 tablespoon chili powder
-1 tablespoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon coriander powder
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1 tablespoon smoked paprika
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-2 teaspoons sea salt
-2 teaspoons ground pepper
-2 tablespoons oil
-1 large onion, diced
-3 cloves of garlic, smashed
-3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange
-1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime
-2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, etc.)
-1 small can green chiles (around 4-5 ounces) or 2 roasted poblano peppers
-1 can crushed tomatoes (14-14.5 ounces)
– If using a chuck roast, cut it into cubes.
– Season beef with all of the seasonings and mix to coat.
– Press the sauté button on the instant pot and add oil.
– Brown the beef in batches in oil for approximately 2 minutes per side, until all beef is browned. Set beef aside while the rest of the beef browns.
– Press cancel on the instant pot and add all of the beef pack to the pot.
– Cover with orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, onion, garlic, chiles or peppers, and tomatoes. Stir the ingredients together.
– Close instant pot and close the pressure valve. Depending on which instant pot you have, press “pressure cook” or “manual.”
– Set to cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
– After the cooking time ends, allow the pressure to naturally release for 20 minutes.
– Manually release remaining pressure and remove the lid.
– Shred the beef with fork.
– As an optional step, crisp up the beef in a cast-iron skillet.
– Serve in bowls with cauliflower rice or white rice, or fill tortillas with beef.
– Top with sliced avocado, cilantro, shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, sliced jalapenos and salsa.