The recipe for the ultimate sandwich? Chewy bread, tender beef, tangy sauce, sharp cheese, and crisp veggies.
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (10-12 oz.) baguette or crusty French loaf
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Verde Simply Sear It! Ribeye Steak
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, horseradish, and salt; set aside.
- Split bread lengthwise and spread cut sides with butter. Toast bread under the broiler, butter side up, or in a skillet, butter side down, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add steaks and sear 90 seconds on each side. Remove from skillet and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Cut steaks into thin slices.
- Spread horseradish mayonnaise on the top and bottom of the toasted bread. Top the bottom piece of bread with steak slices, red onion, cheese, and arugula. Top with other piece of bread.
- Cut the sandwich into pieces for serving.