Tailgate Like a Champ: Grass-Fed Beef Brisket Nachos
All season long, we’re featuring our favorite football recipes featuring – you guessed it – grass-fed beef.
Summer is fun. Fortunately, fall ushers in a few of our favorite things:
Opening night was Thursday, but this weekend marks the start of the full NFL lineup. Whether you’re watching nestled at home or prepping outside the stadium in the lot, we’ve got you covered with mouth-watering, mind-blowing recipes to up your proverbial game.
[Full disclosure: our HQ is in New England, and yes, we house a lot of Pats fans. Don’t hold it against us. These recipes are designed to be team-agnostic.]
Our Opening Day grass-fed recipe is a beast. This gem is brought to you by Verde Farms ambassador extraordinaire, Steph. Known as the “Queen of Grass-Fed” around the office, she not only reps the product, she lives it. (As such, she is forgiven for her loyalty to the Giants.)
If anything, this recipe is an excuse to have people over on Game Day. If you’re not a football fan, suddenly Sundays might have real appeal. Delight your fellow fans, delight yourself, with…
STEPH’S BEEF BRISKET NACHOS
- A nice chunk of brisket (Steph prefers the point end)
- Celery salt
- Granulated garlic
- Liquid smoke *2 tsp (or to taste)
- Worcestershire Sauce (1 tablespoonish)
Rub that thing down with:
- Celery salt
- Granulated Garlic
*Steph uses about a tablespoon of each and mix them all together
The Sauce (for later):
- BBQ Sauce of choice
- Chopped Chipotle Chiles (optional)
*You can marinate this overnight or just cook it, depending on prep time and patience level
- Pop the seasoned brisket in the crock pot and cook on low for about 4-5 hours (for a ~5 lb slab)
- Once it is fork tender, shred, add the sauce and chipotles into the crock pot.
- Return it back to the pot until you’re ready to make the nachos, ~30 minutes before eating so it all blends deliciously.
Serve it like Steph, with:
- Corn tortilla chips
- Black beans
- Pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- Crema Mexicana (or regular sour cream)
- Top with guacamole and cotija cheese
Expect accolades and undying loyalty from your guests. With these beef brisket nachos on your Opening Day, football season may never be the same.
Got a great grass-fed recipe for football season? Contact us and we’ll feature it!