Cooking the perfect medium-rare steak can be hard sometimes. At Verde, we find that the best food is the uncomplicated kind of food. This week, we break down how you can cook that perfect medium-rare super simple bacon-wrapped Verde organic tenderloin steak.
Now let’s get started!
- Verde organic tenderloin steak
- One slice of bacon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prep the steak by applying salt and pepper to both sides of the steak. Wrap the tenderloin with a piece of bacon and secure it by tucking the end in.
- Grab an oven-safe cast-iron pan, add a splash of olive oil on the pan, and warm up over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the bacon-wrapped organic tenderloin steak to the pan.
- Sear the tenderloin steak on both sides for about a minute. Move from the stovetop and place the cast-iron pan in the preheated oven to finish cooking the tenderloin steak.
- For a medium-rare steak, cook in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes (we usually cook for 8 minutes). Remove the cast-iron pan from the oven and allow the tenderloin rest on a cutting board or plate for 5 minutes before consuming.
- Then enjoy!
For more cooking tips, visit the “Let’s Cook” section on our blog.