With a combination of steakhouse flavors and fresh farmers’ market produce, this salad is our new go-to for a summer lunch or dinner.
– 4 Verde Grass-Fed Strip Steaks, sliced across the grain
– 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for toasting pine nuts
– 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 10 oz. mixed greens
– 2 yellow onions, sliced ¼-inch thick
– 1 English cucumber, sliced
– 4 radishes, thinly sliced
– 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
– 2 tablespoons pine nuts
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Season steak with salt and pepper to taste.
– While the steak is coming to room temperature, prepare the dressing. Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
– Heat grill and grill steak to your desired doneness. Set aside to rest.
– While steak is grilling, place onion slices on the grill.
– Grill onions for 5-7 minutes per side until softened and charred. Set aside.
– Add pine nuts to a dry skillet. Heat for approximately 3 minutes over medium heat. Stay by the stove and stir occasionally, until the pine nuts are golden.
– To assemble the salad for each person, add mixed greens into their bowl. Toss in radishes, cucumbers, ¼ tablespoon of the pine nuts, 1 tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles, grilled onions, and sliced steak.
– Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and serve!