This light and fresh spin on meat sauce takes advantage of the bounty of summer cherry tomatoes and basil. Fresh lemon, olives, and feta change it up from the usual.
- 2 lbs. Verde Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 3 pints (or approximately 1 lb.) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 6 oz. pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 small Fresno pepper or another red chili, sliced thinly
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash, cooked and ready to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and minced garlic to the pan, breaking up the beef with a spoon. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the ground beef is browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and wine, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking and breaking up the beef into smaller pieces until the wine is almost all evaporated, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add in tomatoes and sliced chili pepper. Burst some of the tomatoes with a spoon to blend them into the beef.
- Cook for another 6-8 minutes, stirring along the way.
- Mix in olives.
- Serve over your choice of noodles, with a large handful of basil and crumbled feta on top.