Channel your favorite gastropub at home with these fries that are hearty enough to work as a meal. Use Verde Simply! Steakhouse Steak Strips as a topping.
- 20-24 oz. seasoned waffle fries
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces
- 12 oz. Verde Simply Sear It! Steakhouse Steak Strips
- 1 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook waffle fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, heat cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper over medium heat until bubbling. Allow the cream to reduce until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat; whisk in blue cheese and cream cheese. Keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove from skillet
- Increase heat to medium-high, add steak strips, and cook according to package directions. Remove from pan and roughly chop.
- Top hot fries with steak pieces and bacon. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce and sprinkle with tomatoes and green onions.
TIP: Sauce and bacon pieces can be made ahead. Store refrigerated for up to 2 days. Reheat over low heat just before serving.