Steak and eggs are a classic combination for a good reason, it is delicious. The homemade chive vinaigrette makes this recipe a step above your local diner.
- 2 tsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Steak & Eggs
- 1 Verde Simply Sear It! Ribeye Steak
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- In a bowl whisk together chives, vinegar, mustard, and salt. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly, to incorporate. Set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the steak for 90 seconds on each side; remove from pan and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat avocado oil in the same skillet until hot. Add eggs.
- Tilt skillet to the side allowing oil to pool. Using a spoon baste the tops of the eggs with hot oil. Continue for about 1 minute or until eggs reach desired doneness.
- Slice steak, top with eggs, and drizzle with vinaigrette.