Are you craving a pasta dish with meat sauce, but want a healthier option? Look no further than this roasted spaghetti squash topped with an organic ground beef tomato sauce.
- Spaghetti squash
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take the spaghetti squash and cut in half vertically. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds out of the center.
- In the inside of the squash, drizzle some olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet. Use a fork or knife to poke holes on the outside of the squash.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven. Roast the spaghetti squash for 40 to 50 minutes or until the inside of the squash starts to soften, but still has firmness. The baking time depends on the size of your squash.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Turn the squash cut side up. When it cools down, use a fork to shred the squash on the sides.
- Place shredded spaghetti squash in a bowl and set aside for serving.
Spaghetti Ground Beef Sauce
- 1 lb. of Verde ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 6 oz of tomato paste
- 28 oz of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of chopped basil, optional
- Preheat a saucepan or skillet with a tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add in the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the saucepan or skillet and cook until the meat is browning. Drain any fat from the saucepan or skillet.
- Add in tomato paste, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and water. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti squash and sprinkle chopped basil on top (optional).