What is a better than a classic beef chili to start the first day of fall? The weather is cooling down and fall is in full swing which means it’s time for all your favorite fall recipes.
- 2 lbs 85/15 lean Verde ground beef
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans (15 oz per can), drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Diced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Green onions, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Once done, transfer onions and garlic into a 7-quart slow-cooker.
- Go back to your pan at medium-high heat, and add your 85/15 lean Verde ground beef. Cook while stirring occasionally until your ground beef has completely browned.
- Drain fat from beef using a colander then add browned beef into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup of beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Then cover the slow-cooker with lid and let it cook on low heat for 5 – 6 hours.
- After 5 – 6 hours of cooking time, dump the drained and rinsed dark red kidney beans in with the rest of the chili and allow them to heat up for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Enjoy your chili and serve with toppings! We prefer shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocados, and chopped green onions.