Sirloin Steak Salad Recipe
About this recipe
If you love treating yourself to a traditional steakhouse dinner but you don’t love all the extra calories, then this sirloin steak salad is for you! The decadent flavors of a steakhouse dinner combine in a refreshing (and healthy!) salad with delicious purple potatoes, grilled asparagus, and a blue cheese vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari) steak salad recipe
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped into large pieces
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Verde Farms Grass-Fed Sirloin Steaks
- 1 lb baby potatoes (gold, purple, red or a combination)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of asparagus
- Fresh herbs, if available
step 1 to 4
- Combine marinade ingredients in a gallon-size plastic bag. Add steaks and lay flat. Allow to marinade at least 2 hours, turning the bag over at the halfway point.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse potatoes and place in a large microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook on high until potatoes are tender; about 10 to 12 minutes; drain well and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes cool, combine spinach, tomatoes and onion into salad bowl and toss.