Sheet-Pan Sirloin Nachos with Tomatillo Salsa
Looking for something simple and easy to make while in coronavirus quarantine? These sirloin nachos bring the heat with a fiery roasted tomatillo salsa.
Ingredients for beef and veggies:
– 3 Verde Farms grass-fed sirloin steaks, sliced into small pieces
– 1/3 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Juice of one lime
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– One yellow onion, sliced
– One yellow bell pepper, sliced
– One red bell pepper, sliced
Ingredients for tomatillo salsa:
– 10 fresh tomatillos
– 1 serrano pepper
– 2 cloves garlic, smashed
– 1/2 small onion finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Salt to taste
For additional toppings:
– Tortilla chips (Siete Brand Chips are a great option for Paleo eaters)
– Shredded cheese of your choice
– Chopped cilantro
– Sliced avocado or guacamole
– 1 additional lime
Directions for Tomatillo Salsa:
– Preheat the oven to broil.
– Rinse tomatillos under warm water. That will help remove the skins and the stickiness of the tomatillos.
– Cut the tomatillos in half. Place the tomatillos and the serrano pepper on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
– Broil for three minutes.
– Add smashed garlic cloves and broil three more minutes until lightly charred.
– After the sheet pan mixture cools down a bit, remove the pepper stem.
– Puree the entire contents of the pan, juiced included, in a food processor.
– Add onion and salt.
– Place in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Directions for nachos:
– In a medium bowl, mix all of the seasonings, olive oil, and lime juice with the cut sirloin. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
– Leave the sirloin to marinate in for a half-hour or more.
– Sauté the sirloin in a large sauté pan or cast iron pan. Cook for about three minutes on the first side. Turn and cook for about one minute more.
– In a separate pan, sauté peppers and onions until soft and browned.
– Place your choice of chips on a sheet pan and preheat the oven to 350.
– Add Verde Farms grass-fed sirloin steaks, peppers, and shredded cheese.
– Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
– Serve sirloin nachos in bowls with toppings, including the tomatillo salsa.