- 1 16 oz Package Verde 100% Grass-Fed, Organic Stew Meat
- 1 11.2 oz bottle of Guinness Draught
- 1 cup red wine
- 5 cups beef stock (or 3 14oz cans of beef broth)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 TBS ketchup
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 TBS butter
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Season Verde stew meat with salt and pepper. Heat the oil on medium-high in a large stock pot and add the meat. Cook the meat several minutes on each side, using tongs to turn individual pieces so that the meat gets nice and brown.
- When your beef is well browned, add the Guinness, red wine, beef stock, thyme, bay leaves, and ketchup. Stir well, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and place a lid on the pot. Simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While beef is simmering, chop potatoes and carrots into bite sized pieces, and finely chop the onion. In another pot, melt the butter on medium-high then add the potatoes, carrots and onions. Stir the vegetables to coat them in the butter. Cook the vegetables about 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes so that the vegetables get caramelized.
- Add the vegetables to the beef and broth. Simmer another 20 minutes with the lid on. Ladle the stew into bowls and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy with crusty bread.