Cold weather calls for comfort food like Grandma used to make. What better way to welcome the weekend ahead than with a hearty, Italian favorite?
[Recipe adapted from Grandma and Bon Appetit)
2 pounds of ground Verde Farms beef
2/3 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers from a jar
2 large peeled garlic cloves, peeled
2/3 cup breadcrumbs or panko
2 large eggs
1/2 cup coarsely grated onion
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Mix beef with all ingredients with moistened hands. Let stand 15 minutes.
• Line large rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap.
• Roll meat mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
• Arrange meatballs on a sheet (these can be made a day ahead of time – simply cover with plastic wrap and chill.)
• Bake for 20 minutes until golden or baked through.
Once they’re done, just add them to your favorite spaghetti noddles and red sauce. Bon appetit!