Shepherd’s pie has never been easier. By using pre-cooked beef and refrigerated mashed potatoes, your time in the kitchen is cut in half.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) package Verde Shredded Savory
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (24 oz.) container refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once warmed, add onion and sauté until tender. Add shredded savory, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Separate shredded savory into shreds.
- Add flour and cook 2-4 minutes. Add broth, peas, carrots, and corn. Pour mixture into a 9”x9” baking dish.
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of the meat layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden. Serve.