Save time by using pre-cooked shredded barbacoa meat in this Cuban twist on Ropa Vieja. There is no need to slow cook any meat and is sure to be loved by everyone who tries it.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 oz.) package Verde Shredded Barbacoa, separated into shreds
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, sliced
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup plantain chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once warm, sauté onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add garlic, barbacoa, and tomato paste. Stir until combined.
- Add water, oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Allow to simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in olives and serve over rice with plantain chips.