Quick and Easy Bolognese Sauce
Most bolognese recipes require a bit of time and patience, but here is a quick and simple recipe for those who don’t have 3 hours to wait for a traditional bolognese sauce.
And the best part? No special trips to the grocery store because you most likely have all of the ingredients in your fridge or pantry already!
- 1 lb of Verde 85/15 ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 can of crushed or diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of spaghetti
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until they’re slightly translucent. Add the minced garlic and fry another minute.
- Add the ground beef to your pan and let it thoroughly cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Next, add the milk, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce your heat to low for about 15 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, cook your choice of spaghetti following the directions on the package. Once cooked, drain the water. Top it with the bolognese sauce and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.