Is there anything better than a skillet of melted cheese? To keep this meaty appetizer keto-friendly swap the dippers from tortilla chips to crisp veggies.
- 8 oz. freshly grated Monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz. freshly grated mild cheddar or Colby cheese
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile, chopped
- 12 oz. Verde Simply Sear It! Carne Asada Steak Strips
- Tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Toss cheese in a bowl to blend.
- Heat oil a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and chile. Cook 4-6 minutes until softened. Remove from skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add steak strips. Cook according to package instructions. Remove from pan; roughly chop.
- In a 1 1/2-2-quart baking dish or oven-safe skillet add chopped steak strips; reserving 2 tablespoons. Layer on onion mixture, reserving 1 tablespoon. Top with cheese blend. Sprinkle remaining meat and onion mixture in the center.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and hot but not browning.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.