This twist on a typical Philly Cheesesteak sandwich is great for Keto dieters and low carb eaters. Kids will love digging into their own bell pepper “bowl”.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (8 oz.) container mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) package Verde Shredded Savory, separated into shreds
- 2 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add shredded savory and cook 5-7 minutes, until warmed.
- Place bell peppers in a 9”x13” casserole dish. Fill with 1/4 cup water.
- Spoon beef mixture equally into bell pepper halves. Top with provolone cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until bell peppers are tender. Serve with fresh parsley.