These meatballs have THREE secret ingredients that boost flavor and keep them formed with no breadcrumbs and no cheese at all …. Smoked paprika, a spoonful of mustard and grated onion! Be sure to take the time to grate the onion, instead of mincing it, and toss all of the juices in the bowl with the beef mixture.
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon smoked paprika
-1 teaspoon dried basil
-1 tablespoon mustard (if you’re doing a Whole30, make sure your mustard is free of white wine!)
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1/2 small onion, grated
-1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Scramble egg in a large bowl.
– Add mustard, spices, grated onion and beef. Mix well.
– Form the mixture into meatballs using an ice-cream scoop.
– Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
– Cook for 10 minutes.
– Flip over the meatballs and cook for 10 minutes more.
– For Whole30, Paleo and Keto, serve with a simple marinara sauce over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. If you’re not following one of these diets, serve over your favorite pasta and top with cheese. (The above picture features Banza Pasta for an extra, gluten-free boost of protein.
– Garnish with chopped parsley.