Mexican street corn or elote, is a popular street snack or side dish of corn on the cob with creamy, spicy and cheesy toppings. Taking the corn off the cob turns it into esquites, or Mexican corn salad – add Verde Carne Asada Steak Strips to make it a meal.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 ea. green onions, trimmed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. Verde Simply Sear It! Carne Asada Steak Strips
- Cotija cheese, if desired
- Chopped cilantro, if desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and red pepper; cook 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer corn to a large bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients; stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cook steak strips according to package directions.
- Serve corn salad with steak strips. Top with additional crumbled cotija and/or cilantro if desired.
TIP: Salad can be served warm or cold.