We love leftovers. We also have a policy against wasting 100% grass-fed ribeye – really any steak for that matter. So we turned the extra steak from Saturday night’s dinner into Sunday brunch.
- leftover grass-fed ribeye (or any other grass-fed steak)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- coconut oil or other cooking fat
- hot sauce to taste (We like Vermont Maple Sriracha Verde Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice up the leftover steak.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- Add onions and sauté until soft. Then add mushrooms and finish cooking until almost fully cooked.
- While the veggies are cooking, beat eggs in a bowl until blended and season with salt and pepper.
- In a second skillet, heat butter over medium heat until hot.
- Add egg mixture and cook until it begins to set. Then, pull the eggs gently across the pan. Fold them and continue cooking until no liquid egg remains.
- When the vegetables are close to finished, add the sliced steak to heat it up.
- Serve the steak with eggs, and some more hot sauce to taste.