Italian steak stuffed peppers are the ultimate complete meal with meat, veggies, and rice – you can even eat the bowl! Easy to make, delicious to eat.
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 12 oz. Verde Simply Sear It! Steakhouse Steak Strips, sauce reserved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place peppers, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add enough water to the pan to cover the bottom.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil, drain water and flip pepper cut side up.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add beef strips, onion, zucchini, Italian seasoning and salt, cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, rice, and reserved steakhouse sauce. Stir until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between pepper halves. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
TIP: To remove excess moisture from the zucchini place the shreds in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze over the sink. This step prevents the filling from being too wet.