These individual beef wellingtons are a fun way to serve friends and family at a dinner party. Use extra puff pastry to create a cut out to match the theme of your dinner party and place in on top of each beef wellington.
- 2 (10 oz.) packages Verde® Butcher’s Steak Beef Medallions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb. mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (17.3 oz.) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg whisked with 2 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sear medallions according to package instructions. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and shallots. Once tender, add white wine and parsley. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 14” square. Cut into four 7” squares. Repeat with other puff pastry.
- Place 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture in the center of each pastry square. Firmly press medallions into the mushroom mixture.
- Brush the inside edges of pastry with egg wash and fold the pastry over the medallions to cover completely. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden. Allow to rest 10 minutes.