Last week, we talked about our “Top 10 Ways to Top Your Summer Burgers” so this week we decided to share two of the recipes!
Serrano Pepper Salsa Verde
Add some extra heat to your grilled burgers this summer with this spicy salsa verde starring grilled serrano peppers.
– 7 serrano peppers
– 2 cups fresh basil leaves
– 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
– 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
– Salt to taste
– Grill peppers over medium-high heat on a large skewer or in a grill basket. If you would rather cook them on the stove, you can pan-roast them in a skillet with a little oil. In either case, turn them often and cook until they are charred. It should take approximately 5-6 minutes. After the peppers cool, remove their stems.
– Add the cooked peppers and all of the fresh herbs into a food processor or blender.
– Pulse until everything is chopped finely.
– Add oil, red wine vinegar, and salt to the processor and pulse again.
– Your final salsa verde should be thick but not completely smooth.
– Drizzle it on top of your burger or steak!
This dressed-up mayo pairs well with avocado on top of your burger and doubles as a stand-in for ketchup with your fries.
– 1/3 cup mayonnaise
– 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
– 1 tsp. chipotle powder
– 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Blend mayonnaise, garlic, chipotle powder, and fresh lime juice in a small bowl.
– Season to taste with salt and pepper.
– Serve on top of your burger and as a dip for your fries!