This two-meat chili is:
– 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, chopped
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 package hardwood smoked sausages, sliced
– 2 pounds 80% lean grass-fed ground beef
– 1 small jar roasted red peppers, chopped
– 1 tablespoon each ground cumin, oregano, and chili powder (add more to taste)
– 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
– 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
– 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Cilantro and tortilla chips (optional, for serving)
– In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
– Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
– Add bell peppers and onions and sauté until they begin to soften. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
– In the same pot, brown ground beef and sausage pieces.
– Add the cooked veggies back to the pan.
– Stir in tomato paste, canned tomatoes, and roasted red peppers.
– Season with ground cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
– Stir well and allow chili to simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Serve with cilantro and tortilla chips on top!