This lasagna recipe becomes more exciting than the usual with rich, creamy, fresh mozzarella for the cheese.
– 1 lb. of Verde 100% Grass-Fed 85% Lean Ground Beef
– 9 oz. no-boil lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free will work)
– 1 large jar tomato sauce
– 1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in chunks
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– Preheat the oven to 350.
– Season beef with salt and pepper.
– Heat oil at medium heat in a large sauté pan.
– Brown the beef in a pan, and break it into small pieces while it cooks. Cook for around 10 minutes until the beef is no longer pink.
– Pour the jar of sauce into the pan and stir it together with the beef. Season with dried basil, salt, and pepper.
– Assemble the lasagna by alternating layers of the ingredients in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
– Begin with covering the bottom of the dish with meat sauce.
– Cover with noodles.
– Add another layer of meat sauce.
– Next, top the sauce with a layer of cheese.
– Place a layer of noodles on top.
– Add another layer of sauce and another layer of cheese.
– Top with noodles, then sauce, and then a final layer of cheese.
– Cover lasagna with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
– Remove the foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
– Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes and serve.