Chimichurri sauce is a common South American condiment made from fresh herbs and served with meat. Here it works as a finishing sauce for an easy to prepare flatbread.
- 1/4 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. oregano leaves or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 4 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pieces Naan Flatbread (8.8 oz. package)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 6 oz. Verde Simply! Sear It Steakhouse Steak Strips
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- In the bowl of a food processor add parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes. Pulse until blended. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Toss beans with 1 tablespoon of chimichurri sauce.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Top with seasoned beans, red pepper strips, steak strips, and cheese.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until naan is crisp around the edges and cheese is melted.
- Drizzle flatbreads with chimichurri sauce before serving.