Everything But the Burger: Top 10 ways to change up your July 4th menu with different sorts of beef
For your July 4th cookout, update your usual burger-filled menu. Instead, serve 100% grass-fed, organic, free-range beef 10 ways, without a burger in sight.
1) Shaved Sirloin Sandwiches: Cook sirloin steaks and slice super thin. Serve with grilled onions on a crusty roll. Melt cheese on top, or add some steak sauce. Serve open face.
2) Spicy Sliced Tenderloin on Mini-Toasts: Slice soft, buttery tenderloin and serve it on mini toasts, with a drizzle of hot horseradish blended with mayo and chives.
3) Cheesy Sausage with Peppers & Onions: Select from our new 100% grass-fed sausages, with cheese already mixed in: Chorizo Style & Queso Fresco or Hatch Chile & Cheddar. Or go with the 100% Grass-Fed Hardwood Smoked Beef Sausages and choose your own cheese. Grill the sausages, along with peppers and onions. The roll is optional.
4) Ribeye with Portabella Mushrooms: Bold, tender, 100% grass-fed ribeye matches with the meaty flavor of portabella mushrooms. Season meat and veggies with salt and pepper. Keep the steak simple. Add your favorite balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the mushrooms. Grill and serve.
5) Sirloin with Salsa & Guacamole: Make it a Mexican-take on steak with sliced sirloin, layered with salsa and guacamole. Tortillas are optional.
6) All-Beef Hot Dog Bar: Grill up 100% Grass-Fed Beef Hot Dogs and let your guests top their own … with jalapenos, sauerkraut, pickles, and all the condiments.
7) Steak-Potato Bites: Pair meat and potatoes in a fun, sweet, bite-sized way. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds and brush with olive oil. Bake in the oven until tender. Grill tenderloin and slice into small pieces to top the potatoes. Top with a drizzle of hot sauce, or with sour cream and chives.
8) Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches: Take that chuck roast you meant to use in the winter, and pull out the slow cooker. Add the meat, spices, and barbecue sauce. Let it cook until it’s tender enough to shred. Serve on a roll.
9) Sirloin Kebabs: Whole30 and Paleo-friendly! Cut sirloin into chunks and marinate it in an Asian-style marinade with coconut aminos, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds. Thread onto skewers with peppers, onions and tomatoes and grill.
10) Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites: Cut sirloin into cubes and wrap each one in bacon. Cook in a hot skillet until the bacon is crispy and the beef is cooked through. Serve with toothpicks.