Verde Steakhouse Strips makes it easier than ever to make this classic cheesesteak sandwich at home, perfectly seasoned and perfectly tender. Enjoy this simple Philly cheesesteak sandwich topped with provolone cheese.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 12 oz. Verde Simply Sear It! Steakhouse Steak Strips, sauce reserved
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 3 hoagie rolls, toasted
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and salt. Cook 8-10 minutes until softened and golden brown.
- Add steak strips and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add reserved sauce to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide meat mixture into three portions in the pan; top with cheese slices. Turn off heat; allow to stand until cheese is melted.
- Using a spatula transfer mixture to toasted rolls.
- There you have it! A quick and easy Philly cheesesteak sandwich — enjoy!