Surf and turf might have been a restaurant only indulgence in the past, but this shrimp and steak one-skillet version means you can make it at home with little effort any day of the week. Bonus, it is keto-friendly too.
- 1 Verde Simply Sear It! Ribeye Steak
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. stone-ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, sear for 90 seconds on each side. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add butter to the pan. When butter sizzles, add shrimp. Cook 1-2 minutes, flipping occasionally until shrimp is just pink. Remove from the pan.
- Add onion to the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds until softened. Add mustard and bourbon. Reduce until the pan is almost dry. Stir in cream and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the cream has reduced and thickened. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Top steak with shrimp and sauce.