These little meat pies are filled with cheesy barbacoa beef. They are easy to assemble and delicious with every bite. A great quick appetizer the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 (14 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust (2 count)
- 1 (12 oz.) package Verde® Shredded Barbacoa, microwaved according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out each crust to about 14” in diameter. Use a 3 5/8”- 4” cutter to cut out rounds and put about 1/2 tablespoon barbacoa on half of each round. Add about 1 teaspoon cheese on each barbacoa half. Brush edges of crust with egg wash.
- Fold the other half of the round over the filling. Crimp the edges with a fork and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each empanada with egg wash. Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden. Serve.
Tip: Re-roll pie crust to create more rounds, after cutting out as many as possible.