GOAT CHEESE STUFFED BURGER BOWL
The creamy addition of cheese inside (and melted on top!) of these juicy burgers changes up the usual burger bowl. Make the bowl your own with your favorite toppings.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers
– 3 medium slices soft goat cheese log
– 1 pound Verde Farms 100% Grass-Fed Organic 80% Lean Ground Beef
– Divide the ground beef into three equal parts.
– Make the beef into round patties and place a piece of goat cheese in the middle.
– Wrap the meat around the cheese.
– Season with salt and pepper
– Grill, cook on a pan, or pan sear and bake in the oven.
– Add cheese to the top at the end of the cooking time to melt, if you would like.
– Olive oil and/or butter
– Balsamic vinegar (optional)
– Slice onions.
– Add olive oil, butter or a mixture of the two to coat the pan.
– Heat cooking fat on medium-high until the oil glistens.
– Add onions to the pan and stir to coat with fat.
– Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the onions to cook.
– To caramelize the onions, the key is to cook them for a while. Pay attention to ensure the onions don’t burn, and reduce heat further along the way if needed. You can also add a little water to the pan if it seems like the onions are drying out.
– Continue cooking for 30 minutes to an hour. Stir every few minutes.
– It’s ok if the onions stick to the pan a bit as the cooking continues. The key is to make sure the onions brown but don’t burn. Stir and scrape any browned bits of onion off the bottom of the pan as you go.
– At 20 to 25 minutes into the cooking time, you might need to reduce the temperature a bit more or add some more oil to the pan.
– As the onions continue cooking, be prepared to stir more often, and continue to scrape the pan.
– The caramelized onions are ready when they are a deep brown color. At that point, you can add a little balsamic vinegar to the pan.
– Crushed red pepper
– Olive oil
– Slice any kind of mushrooms you like, such as shiitake, button, or any mixture.
– Sauté in olive oil.
– Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste.
Other Topping Ideas:
– Cooked bacon
– Sliced avocado
– Cheddar or other hard cheese (melted on top)
– Sliced jalapeños
– Roasted red peppers
Assemble Your Bowl:
– Fill your bowl with lettuce greens.
– Add your burger.
– Surround the burger with all of your toppings.
– Drizzle with dressing or olive oil and vinegar.