Beef Enchiladas for Cinco de Mayo
This recipes is for one of our favorite Mexican dishes: beef enchiladas. We use our organic, grass-fed beef for this recipe along with a killer enchilada sauce.
- 1 lb (16 oz) Verde organic, grass-fed 93/7 ground beef
- 8 corn tortillas (We like Udi’s if you’re gluten-free)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1-2 jalapenos diced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F. While oven is heating up, you can make the enchilada sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients into a food processor and pureeing. Set aside.
- Brown meat until almost cooked and then add around 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, stir until well mixed.
- Once your oven is ready, pour half of the remaining enchilada sauce into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Quickly fry tortillas in vegetable or canola oil, about a minute on each side and place at the bottom of your dish.
- Layer on beef, sour cream, cheese and cilantro. Roll tortilla to keep all ingredients inside.
- Place seam side down in the casserole dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over assembled enchiladas and top with cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Make a pitcher of margaritas and enjoy!