Serve friends and family this homemade queso dip that is loaded with tasty shredded barbacoa. Making queso at home is easy to do, just make a quick roux and stir in cheeses, then you have delicious queso right from home.
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (12 oz.) package Verde Shredded Barbacoa, separated into shreds
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, sliced
- Tortilla chips or potato wedges, to serve
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue cooking on low heat for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- Slowly whisk in the pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese. Whisk until smooth and incorporated.
- Stir in the salsa and barbacoa. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with tortilla chips or potato wedges.