100% Grass-Fed Tenderloin Roast with Garlic
Easy to make, this buttery tenderloin roast is great for the holidays or a special family dinner. Easy to make, this buttery tenderloin roast is great for the holidays or a special family dinner. Nothing screams the holidays more than a holiday roast!
– 1 3.5 pound grass-fed tenderloin roast
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Take your roast out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking to bring it up to room temperature.
– Preheat the oven to 425°.
– Generously salt and pepper the roast.
– Mix the olive oil and garlic together.
– Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and rub it over the beef, tucking bits of garlic into the skin in some places.
– Roast until meat reaches the desired temperature.
– For medium-rare, your meat thermometer should read 135°. For medium, it should read 140° and for medium-well, 145°. We like our tenderloin medium-rare.
– When the meat is ready, take it out of the oven and tent it with foil. Let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Serve with your favorite green vegetable and roasted or mashed potatoes. Add horseradish for some heat or a simple steak sauce.
Note: It can take as little as 25-30 minutes to get to medium-rare, depending on the oven. So we suggest paying attention!