Verde Farms is passionate about making a real impact for farmers, animals and consumers alike. At the core of our mission is a team united by shared values and emphatic integrity. Together, we’re making major strides in bringing high-quality natural and organic grass-fed meats to the forefront of wholesale, foodservice, and retail environments. Our best resources are the people who share our aspirations — join Verde Farms and play an important role in changing the landscape.
Senior Manager, Sales Strategy & Planning
The Senior Manager for Sales Strategy & Planning will lead the business planning process. While understanding our business realities, this individual will create go-to-market strategies that drive profitable growth and coordinate the efforts of commercialization planning to drive business success across all sales channels.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and working closely with senior leadership, the Senior Manager will be an integral member of the sales and marketing team. This person will decisively influence the sales strategy while being a source of competitive insights for the customer.
The Senior Manager will function as the key lead in working with the field sales team to transform strategic objectives into actionable plans for each customer. Special projects are an integral part of this role and the ideal person should be comfortable operating in a dynamic, fluid and fast paced environment.
- Own and continuously improve sales planning process. Assist the field sales force in creating bottom up sales plans as part of the planning cycle and monitor the execution and performance of the plans. Consider dynamics across geographies, customers, market trends, brands and product portfolio and incorporate them into business plans.
- Monitor, analyze and recommend changes to enhance sales performance across channels and regions. This person will work closely with the Regional Sales Managers to create sales tools, presentation decks, and provide insights to drive decision making.
- Lead category, channel and customer performance analysis by region. Work cross-functionally to assist in building strategies that drive results.
- Be the customer performance expert. Build and deliver dashboards and scorecards to internal and external stakeholders, highlighting performance, trends and insights.
- Lead sales promotion strategy. Work closely with the Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Operation Teams to implement, monitor, analyze and improve sales promotions effectiveness.
- Partner with Marketing to actively monitor consumer and customer insights and trending information and utilize that information to validate brand objectives and adjust strategies/plans accordingly.
- Own the demand forecast and partner with Finance and Operations to improve forecast accuracy.
- Partner with Marketing to lead trade show strategy and execution.
- Provide input and direction to the marketing team to improve new item launch and pricing strategy.
- 7+ years’ experience in a sales, sales strategy/planning, or category management role in a consumer packaged goods company. Ideally 5+ years in a branded consumer food business.
- Strong analytical problem solver with proven expertise utilizing syndicated and customer data (Nielsen, IRI, etc.) to develop actionable insights. Experience working with Nielsen Fresh database a plus.
- Expert at developing sales tools (ex: sales sheets, presentation decks) and training others in their use.
- Proven experience building “bottoms up” sales forecasts utilizing data and experience to guide supply chain, operations and finance partners.
- Skilled in developing metric driven dashboards and tools that assist senior leadership in decision making.
- Talented at leading transformational change in helping organizations to define processes and cadence.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment that requires flexibility, adaptability and being scrappy.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Great team player (building a collaborative relationship with the Sales Team is critical for this role).
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Expertise in MS PowerPoint, Excel (Macros, Pivots, etc.) and Word. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Travel is required up to 25%.
- BS/BA required, MBA is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Regional Sales Manager – West Coast
We seek an entrepreneurial Regional Sales Manager for the West Coast, who thrives on creating value by driving sales/business development and building strong relationships with customers; while successfully transforming an industry and creating a consumer demand-driven marketplace. You will work closely with the Director of Sales in developing the regional sales goals to drive the adoption and grow the Verde Farms’ brand within his/her territory through retailers, further processors, and increasingly through foodservice establishments.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be part of a highly engaged, extremely high performing, collaborative and fun sales team. We pride ourselves on having strong ethics and a great sense of responsibility to each other. If you have a strong service mindset to help others, and a competitive drive, you will be a great addition to our team.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now Download Job Description